Don’t Lose It While You’re Losing It!
If you’re like a lot of people, you may find you’ve gained weight over the winter. Are you waiting to drop a size before you do any spring clothes shopping? Here are a few tips to ease you through the transition until you reach your goal weight:
- Avoid contrasting colors. Wear a single color or similar colors. This gives the illusion of a longer, leaner look.
- Take advantage of shapewear, and make sure undergarments fit properly. Pay special attention to your bra; studies show more than half of American women are wearing the wrong size. Foundation pieces are key to making your entire outfit look better.
- Avoid wearing anything that is too loose or too snug. Clothes that fit properly are the most flattering for any body type.
- Maintain a simple silhouette. Avoid decorative belts, pleated pants, and elastic banding around the waist, which can add visual pounds.
- Avoid horizontal stripes. Go for vertical stripes, and keep other patterns small and simple.
- At each point in your weight loss journey, try to have a minimum of three outfits that make you feel good about yourself. You can wear them over and over, and mix and match as needed.
From my closet to yours,