It’s no secret that men’s fashion trends often take a back seat to women’s fashion news. Let’s bring men front and center for some Fall fashion tips, from head to toe … or at least from shirts to shoes. After all, we women shouldn’t be the only ones looking fantabulous!
So this is for all you guys out there:
- Conversational T-shirts with bold comedic references, voiced beliefs and completely random pictures are popular this season. Pair your tee with jeans or this fall’s best pant, corduroys. Keep in mind that your T-shirt is a reflection of you, so keep it classy.
- On chilly days, layer a Merino wool turtleneck under a chunkier knit cardigan, sweater, or jacket. I’m loving this season’s variety of grey shades. Try several tones of grey or mix and match a grey turtleneck with a patterned cable zip front cardigan. Go bold or subdued with do! –
- It’s official: plaid is back, and it isn’t just for farmers. You’ll see it in a variety of fits and colors, including color blocking, one pocket and detailed trims. Opt for a traditional red plaid or spice things up in rich turquoise hues. You can’t go wrong.
- This fall’s biggest game changer is the fitted hoodie. It’s a far cry from the hoodies of the past, where the rule of thumb was the roomier, the better. This sleeker look is right at home when paired with jeans or basic running pants and sneakers.
- Even Fonzie of “Happy Days” fame knew the importance of a fitted leather jacket. Guys, if you are still sporting the baggy bomber jacket, it’s time to reinvest in a classic fitted leather jacket. If you really want to up your game, try a jacket with a Sherpa wool or rabbit fur-lined collar, one made with tumbled leather, or the iconic belted motorcycle style. Choose a basic zip jacket or a trendier Moto style, and go for faux or genuine leather. In any case, you won’t regret investing in this piece. Pair your jacket with pants that are either a lighter or darker shade. Just avoid wearing the same color top and bottom: matchy-matchy is not cool and you risk looking like you’re trying too hard.
Whether you are sporting a leather, military style or pea coat, it’s about layering your garments. Don’t forget your scarf for warmth and style.
- Corduroy pants are giving khakis a run for their money this season. Pair autumn colors like red, grey, and navy with a fitted button-down shirt, a light sweater, and your favorite Chucks for a relaxed weekend look.
- Checking trends from head to toe, don’t overlook the latest in footwear, where non-traditional sneakers are all the rage. Set yourself apart from the traditional Converse high-top and go for color and trim details. Today’s cutting edge sneaker is perfect for casual Fridays or hitting the bar scene with jeans and a fitted button-down.
Ladies, forward this tip sheet to the men in your life. Better yet, take that special guy on a shopping date that’s focused on him. Trust me, he’ll love the extra attention. And with the holidays right around the corner, use these ideas as you make your gift-giving list. Let me know if I can help!
From my closet to yours,